8/09/2007

HR trivia 8/7/07

Ring came with me to trivia tonight. Everyone else sold out, so we only had a team of two. We still did pretty well and were even one point shy of a perfect score on a movie trivia round before eventually getting creamed the last few rounds. Early in the night we saw Bonds hit number 756 on the tv in the bar. Congratulations, Barry, on cheating your way to the two most hallowed records in sports. This led into a heated debate over whether or not we would throw the ball back if we caught it. I maintained that I would do it even if it meant sacrificing a few hundo thousands. You've got to have standards no matter what. Besides, I would always be remembered as the guy that threw up the ultimate protest in favor of fair play, which would be alot better than being remembered as that Mets jackass that actually caught it. Plus, I would get to go on talk shows and wax poetic about being a walk-on athlete and trying to achieve my dreams while "playing the game the right way." I think I almost had Ring on my side by the end of it.

1 comment:

cmah said...

I actually had the same debate, verbatim, with Nick and Justin, and arrived at the same conclusion